Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekly Update

I have been having trouble sticking with my training plan. Not in the lazy, missing days sense but the I keep adding miles to my runs problem! Yesterday (Sunday) I ran a glorious 10 miles along the water. All miles less than 9 minutes (adding 30-45 secs to each mile per my long run training guide - shameless nomeatathlete.com plug, the best!). On track to run a less than 2 hour half marathon, which is my goal given that this is my first!

I also tried Clif bar Gu this run, in the raspberry flavor. Delicious! Much better texture than the Vega brand, although I still have to try the Huma chia seed brand before I make my race day decision. It's a bummer because I love what the Vega brand stands for but it just did not work for my stomach.

This weeks training plan is a little wonky because I am going to a training in Boston for the admissions committee for my medical school then leave on Sunday for my last licensing exam in HOUSTON. Gotta balance training runs and life! I am so excited to meet potential MD applicants, I can't believe a little under 4 years ago I was waiting for interview offers and now I am almost a resident (go pediatrics woo!).

This weeks plan:
Monday- rest day/SUP (65 degrees today, hope I don't fall in!)
Tuesday- 3.5 mile run at 5am before bus to Boston... meh.
Wednesday- yoga
Thursday- 5 mile run
Friday- rest
Saturday- 12 mile run
Sunday- flight to HOUSTON!

My new Oiselle flyte LS! 

I also got a package from Oiselle this week with some new sports bras and the flyte LS shirt. I LOVE it. I am normally a small but went up a size because I tend to like my arms a little loose. It's perfect for layering under a vest with a tank underneath. I am so excited for cold weather and pumpkin beer and hot chocolate and fall half marathons!

No comments:

Post a Comment