Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Enemy

I live with my significant other and our amazingly cute shelter rescue lab mix Charlie. While 99% of the time this is amazing, 1% of the time it is not. TODAY IS THAT TIME. I have gone into total I need to do less than 2 hours for my first half marathon mode and that includes attempting to maintain proper (vegetarian) nutrition. Well... S.O. is attempting to sabotage me. He brings home Ben and Jerry's 2-3 times a week. He can afford to do this (mister oh I haven't been on a strict training plan like you but let me bust out a quick 11-miles when I am slightly hungover like it ain't no thing...). I cannot afford to indulge yet I cannot stop. Once it enters our freezer it will inevitably enter my mouth. It's like all the discipline I have (med school, training plans, etc) goes out the window when ice cream comes into the equation. Which means as soon as S.O. left for his soccer game tonight I ran to the door to make sure he was gone then tiptoed to the fridge in case he was listening then went H.A.M. on his ice cream. Yes I said it. Hard as a motherf... well you get it.

Hot yoga does not justify the massacre I just performed on a pint sized tub of pure joy.

I will regret this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment